Registration of Trademarks and Trade Names in Puerto Rico
- Search background on trademark or feasibility study, prior to the registration of trademarks and trade names.
- Formal registration of trademarks, trade names and patents.
- Renewals and trademark registrations in general.
- Amendments and modifications to records.
- Obtaining certificate duplicates for trademarks, trade names and patents.
- Request for nullity, oppositions, cancellations, Claims, litigation.
- Proceedings against violations of industrial property law.
- Legal proceedings against counterfeiting, defenses of copyright, trademark law violations.
Trademark Registration Puerto Rico – General Information
In Puerto Rico, the Department responsible for all matters relating to trademarks is the Department of State of the Free Associated State of Puerto Rico.
- Service Marks
- Commercial names
- Collective Marks
- Certification Marks,
These are the kinds of brands that can be registered in the island of Puerto Rico according to local laws. The Trademark Act of Puerto Rico, 63 of the Act on August 14, 1991 and its amendments of February 14, 1992 grant all the protection both to individuals and corporations wishing to protect their trademarks and trade names in Puerto Rico The Certificate of Registration issued by the competent authorities after a trademark registration in Puerto Rico, is valid only within the jurisdiction of the Free Associated State of Puerto Rico.
The registration of a trademark in Puerto Rico is valid for a period of ten (10) years and may be renewed within the term prescribed by trademark law of Puerto Rico. For more information on how to register trademarks and patents in Puerto Rico with the help of our lawyers, as well as fees and costs. Contact Us Now.
Jurisdictions: We Service all the Americas