Trademark Registration: Dominican Republic
We are leaders in Trademark Registration in Bolivia since 1998. Register your trademarks in the Dominican Republic through WDA LAW and have the peace of mind that comes with choosing the best firm. Our lawyers will register your trademarks with customized assistance 365 days a year. Contact us now!
Our Services for Trademark Registration: Dominican Republic include
1- Obtention of certificates of registration of trademarks, trade names, and patents.
2 – Search for trademark history or feasibility study, before the filing of the formal application for registration.
3 – Formal registration of trademarks, trade names, and patents in the Dominican Republic.
4 – Renewal of trademarks and payment of patent annuities in general.
5 – Amendments and modifications.
6 – Oppositions to the registration of third-party trademarks.
7 – Request for nullities, cancellations, claims and litigation.
8 – Actions against violations of the Industrial Property Law.
9 – Legal proceedings against counterfeit goods, defense of copyrights, trademarks and patent rights.
For more information on how to register your trademarks in the Dominican Republic and know more about our services and fees, contact us now.
Affordable Trademark Registration: Dominican Republic
Dominican Republic grants trademark owner the exclusive rights of prohibiting any use by third parties of the registered trademark, except for the cases when use by third parties is legitimate and made as a consequence of any trade relation started by the owner of the trademark direct or indirectly when the product is put in the local or international market as long as product or good has suffered no alteration or modification whatsoever.
Trade names are protected by law 20-00 and its rights are originated not for the registration but for the first use in commerce. Protection is granted even when not registered but is eliminated upon the abandonment of the trade name which takes place when no use of the trade name in question has been made for the last 5 years.
Registration applications may be filed with the National Office of Industrial Property (ONAPI). Registration is granted for a period of ten years, renewable for consecutive ten-year periods. Renewal applications must provide proof of use of the trademark along with a Declaration of Use or Non-use based on the provisions of Act 20-00 on Industrial Property
The documents required to file a trademark registration application in the Dominican Republic:
- General information on the applicant such as Country or State of incorporation (for companies), the name of the representative of the company, passport number, and address.
- The exact way the trademark is to be registered (specification on letters and colors if any claim is to be made upon them);
- For cases of designs or labels, provide 6 samples in color
- Description of goods and services to be protected.
- In the event priority benefits of the Paris Convention are to be claimed, it would be necessary to provide a certified copy of the application as filed in the country of origin. No further legalization is required.
- Power of attorney form duly signed by the applicant, notarized and then legalized before the Dominican Republic Consulate nearest to the applicant’ s jurisdiction.
WDALAW will commence work on your trademark or tradename search immediately. For questions about this service contact us at [email protected].